Monday, May 28, 2012

Global Art Camp

Art with a side of Geography & Literature . . .

Dot-Art of the Aborigines, Eggs from Babushka’s basket, Tissue paper painting in the format of Eric Carle…these are just a few of the projects to be completed during our week together! I hope you can come along on our jam-packed, whirlwind, world tour!

When: June 11-15; 10-12 noon
Where: The Yellow House of Diggin’ It
               507 N. Tennessee St.
Why: Knowledge, fun, artistic expression, etc.
How much: $110.00
Who: 3rd-6th graders

Bio: My name is Erin Denny and I have been fortunate enough to have traveled the world. During my travels, I have seen and met some amazing people and have had many awesome adventures. As a teacher, I have used those experiences countless times in the classroom…in the form of art, lessons of history and geography, the sharing of differences between cultures, etc. I believe those experiences helped me become a better teacher. Literature is also another great passion of mine. I love to read and believe that children’s books have immeasurable lessons in them, as well as beautiful art. I hope to combine these passions into one exciting week for everyone involved!

** You must put down a $60 non-refundable deposit in order to hold your spot. The remainder should be paid to the teacher on the first day of class.

** A second camp will be offered in July. 

** Call 214-577-6827 for further information.

No comments: